These chocolate raspberry parfaits are the ultimate indulgent, surprisingly healthy dessert.
They’re easy to make and require no baking, plus each bite is sinfully delicious and chocolatey. It seems impossible, but this dessert is pretty healthy! Imagine layers of chocolate mousse, crushed frozen raspberries, pillowy coconut whipped cream, and chocolate cookie crumbles. That’s what you’re in for!
A few suggestions to make these chocolate raspberry parfaits even quicker and easier:
- Buy the chocolate cookies instead of making them. Look for a plain chocolate cookie that’s not too sweet. I used these chocolate cookies from Simple Mills for this recipe and they were perfect. Doing this will save you lots of time. Of course, you’re welcome to make your own chocolate cookies ahead of time if you prefer.
- Let the parfaits chill for a few hours in the fridge before enjoying them. This allows several things to happen:
- the cookie crumbles soften tiramisu-style
- the flavors from the different layers meld a bit
- the chocolate mousse and coconut whipped cream thicken
- the frozen raspberries melt
- Because they need time to chill, make and assemble the parfaits one or two days before you plan to serve them.
Now let’s move on to the ingredients you’ll need.
This recipe has four layers, so four different components. Luckily for you, two of the components you need to “make” are single ingredients (frozen raspberries) or products (chocolate cookies.) The other two components–the chocolate mousse and coconut whipped cream–are quick to make and require minimal ingredients.
In fact, this entire recipe requires just ten ingredients:
- dark chocolate
- silken tofu
- cacao powder
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- sea salt
- coconut milk
- chocolate cookies
- frozen raspberries
As always with my recipes, feel free to get creative with substitutions. You could try milk chocolate for the dark, a different liquid sweetener for the maple syrup, different spices like ground cardamom, nutmeg, or cloves for the cinnamon, and other frozen fruit in place of the raspberries. Crushed frozen (or fresh) mangoes, peaches, blackberries, or strawberries could all work. Additionally, try using other cookies in place of the chocolate ones. Mint chocolate, chocolate chip, vanilla, or shortbread cookies would all be delicious.
As long as you stick to the basic formula of mousse, whipped cream, frozen crushed fruit, and crumbled cookies, you can’t go wrong.
I served these chocolate raspberry parfaits as part of my ultimate plant-based Valentine’s dinner, an indulgent three-course meal for two you can find here. These parfaits would also be perfect to cap off a dinner party with friends, a date night, or even make a delicious sweet treat in the afternoon. In reality, though, any time or event you make these for will be the right one!
When I first made these parfaits, I laughed out loud. That’s how good they are!
Now that you’re hopefully convinced these parfaits are worth your time, let’s dive into the recipe!
And voila! You’ve just made the most incredible chocolate dessert, that just so happens to be dairy-free, gluten-free, completely plant-based, and free of sugars. Not to mention the most important part, it tastes freaking awesome! Enjoy!