After making these peanut oat cookies a good ten times, (not complaining!) I’m finally ready to share this recipe with you.
If you’re looking for a super easy, low-effort sweet afternoon treat, these cookies are perfect for you!
These cookies are:
- super simple to make
- use just one bowl
- the perfect afternoon snack — not too sweet and nicely filling to satisfy those pre-dinner hunger pangs
- super customizable — you can take out or substitute lots of these ingredients and the cookies still work out! (Example: I love subbing half the peanut butter for tahini)
- won’t give you a sugar rush!
This is another super quick little recipe so time to dive right in!
Peanut Oat Cookies
- 1.5 cups (175 grams) rolled oats
- ⅔ cup (50 g) shredded coconut
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons (150 g) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (50 g) flour (I like sorghum or brown rice)
- 2 Tablespoons (25 g) coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (75 g) liquid sweetener
- 6 Tablespoons (80 g) melted coconut oil
- ½ t cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp soy milk (optional, if the mixture seems too dry)
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Start by adding all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Next, add the wet ingredients to the same bowl and mix well until everything comes together.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the baking sheet and flatten the blobs slightly with your hand. You should get about 15 cookies.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 14 minutes. Be sure to check on the cookies starting at the 10-minute marker so they don’t burn.
- Remove the tray from the oven once the cookies are nice and golden, and let them cool down for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
Enjoy these peanut oat cookies as an afternoon treat with a steaming mug of warming masala chai! They also pack really well as part of a school or work lunch (just be sure not to smush them!).